Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I'M MAKING PROGRESS!

So I go in for my ortho appt and see the regular appliances their. The arch wire and the tool to put it int he brackets. So he's looking at my mouth and he says my teeth are moving so fast and my gums are wonderful.
He puts in the arch wires on the top and bottom and he also gives me my power bands! I have power bands on the top arch and power bands on the bottom from canine to canine.
I also have rubber bands for my bite. But since I am getting jaw surgery these wires are to make my underbite worse in order to give the surgeon enough room to work. I go back in 4 weeks to change out my wires once more and give me heavier rubber bands. And then hopefully at that appt. he will give me the okay to see the surgeon. So far so good everything is going as planned! :)

3 comments:

  1. Awesome~ and things really are moving right along! Being *gappy*, I'm not surprised to hear about the power bands...They're a treat to keep clean, aren't they?! That should get them closed up in a hurry. :) Yipee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it's crazy, isn't it? The moment my orthodontist gave me new wires or heavier bands, the changes literally came overnight. It's great to hear you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah things happen quick with a heavier band and the powerbands. Things really are literally moving over night

    ReplyDelete